Select Sounds LLC is proud to be an authorized dealer of Korg products.
About This Item: This is the Korg Solo Metronome, the new standard in compact metronomes.
- Multi-function compact metronome.
- Attractive blue and black color scheme.
- Beat-Counting display makes it easier to practice your rhythm and phrasing.
- Choose from two types of tempo steps: pendulum steps or full steps.
- Tap Tempo function lets you quickly set the desired tempo.
- Beat display offers from 1 to 9 beats, plus 8 rhythm types to practice any style of music.
- Tune any instrument using the 12 step (C4 B4) chromatic reference pitch.
- Adjustable calibration setting (410 480 Hz).
- Earphone jack with adjustable volume.
- Memory backup function and auto power-off function.
- Up to approximately 290 hours of continuous operation.
Free USA Shipping!: Simply add this item to your cart. No Coupons, No Codes to enter. (Note: Not all items ship free. If you purchase additional items, shipping fees may be charged for those items.)
The MA-1 is a compact metronome that solidly covers all the basics with a broad tempo range and a rich variety of beats and rhythm patterns. The MA-1 also shows the beat in an innovative way that makes practicing easier. The MA-1 is available in your choice of two-tone color schemes: blue and black, or black and red. With stylish design and reliable functionality, this is an indispensible rhythm training aide for any musician.
Special April 2012 Pricing!: Buy now at special Korg Tuner Of The Month promotional pricing. This price will increase on May 1st!
New easy-to-understand Beat-Counting display
With the new Beat-Counting display, the number of triangular icons in the display indicates the specified beat. On each beat, the icon color changes (moving from left to right), indicating the current beat of the measure in a way that's intuitively clear. This provides visual cues as to when measures will change a helpful advance over metronomes that provide only an audible indication.
Versatile Tempo & Rhythm features
The tempo can be set using one of three methods: increase or decrease the tempo using the standard increments familiar from a mechanical metronome (pendulum steps); increase or decrease the tempo in single-step increments over the full range of 30-252 (full steps), or use the Tap Tempo function to enter the tempo by pressing the switch in time with the music. Practice a wide variety of songs by specifying any beat count from 1 to 9, and choose any one of the eight rhythm types: quarter notes, eighth notes, triplets (straight triplets, triplets with inner beat omitted, triplets with the third beat omitted), and sixteenth notes (quadruplets, quadruplets with middle beats omitted, quadruplets with the third and fourth beats omitted).
Doubles as a chromatic tuner!
Sound Out mode produces a reference pitch (selectable over an octave C4-B4) that you can use when tuning nearly any instrument. The frequency of the A4 reference pitch (calibration) can be adjusted in 1 Hz steps over the broad range of 410 Hz to 480 Hz.
Earphone jack for personal use
An earphone output is provided for personal use. The earphone volume can be adjusted to suit for any situation; from private practice in your room to group rehearsal in the studio.
Memory backup /auto power-off
When you turn off the power, the current tempo, beat, rhythm, calibration, and reference tone settings will be remembered for the next time you use the MA-1. (These settings will be initialized when you replace the batteries.) After 20 minutes of non-use with the power on, the power will automatically turn off to preserve the battery life.
Up to 290 hours of continuous use
The MA-1 is designed for long battery life, with continuous operation of approximately 70 hours when using zinc-carbon batteries, or approximately 290 hours when using alkaline batteries.
- Tempo range: 30 to 252/min (BPM)
- Tempo settings: Pendulum Step, Full Step, Tap Tempo
- Beats: 09 beats
- Rhythms: Quarter notes, eighth notes, triplets (straight triplets, triplets with inner beat omitted, triplets with the third beat omitted), sixteenth notes (quadruplets, quadruplets with middle beats omitted, quadruplets with the third and fourth beats omitted).
- Tempo accuracy: +/-0.2 %
- Reference pitch: Twelve-tone equal temperament C4B4
- Calibration range: 410Hz480Hz (1Hz steps)
- Reference pitch precision: +/-1 cent or better
- Connectors: Headphones jack (stereo mini jack ř3.5mm / 1/8)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (Max. 0.5W, ř23mm)
- Power supply: Two AAA batteries, 3V (included)
- Battery Life: Approx. 70 hours (when using zinc-carbon batteries); Approx. 290 hours (when using alkaline batteries), (tempo 120, 4 beats, and max volume)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 102 x 59 x 17 mm / 4.02 x 2.32 x 0.67 inches
- Weight: 71g / 2.5 oz. (including batteries)
- Included Items: Two AAA batteries for checking operation
* Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice for improvement.