What Is The Mission Engineering VM-Pro Buffered Volume Pedal in Hot REd Finish?
The Mission VM-PRO is the most sophisticated volume pedal ever made. Using quality components and designed to exacting specifications, the VM-PRO introduces several innovative features never seen before in a volume pedal to meet the needs of the professional musician. Together these resolve many of the common issues with volume pedals that cause tone sucking and other mismatching problems. Whether you are using electric, electro-acoustic guitar, or bass, the VM-PRO will work for you. Using an acoustic instrument like acoustic guitar or stand-up bass? No problem. The VM-PRO-PZ version (available seperately) is the only volume pedal in the world specifically designed to work with Piezo Electric pickups.
High Quality Onboard Buffers To Eliminate Tone-Suck
The VM-PRO features high quality onboard buffers. Buffers help maintain the frequency response of your pickups when using long cable runs and multiple stomp boxes. In other words: No tone suck! If you've ever experienced reduced top end and a general loss of sparkle from your instrument plugged into a pedal board, then a good quality buffer at the start of your signal chain can help. The Mission buffer is a top of the line audio circuit and being integrated right into the volume pedal, you can avoid having to use a separate device, reducing the cable count and saving space and weight on your pedal board.
Switchable Output Impedance & Gain Stage
VM-PRO is designed for flexibility, and includes switchable options that let you tune it to your specific requirements. A selectable output impedance lets you use the volume pedal with vintage fuzz and other devices that would normally be incompatible with a volume pedal. A switchable gain stage lets you set the pedal for use with high output active pickups without clipping, and the unique Mission Sparkle switch restores some of the top end brightness thats typically lost as you roll back the volume.
Completely Isolated Tuner Out
Last but by no means least is is completely isolated tuner out that won't cause any signal loss as often happens with in line tuners. The tuner out remains active independent of pedal position so you can tune silently, at full volume, or anywhere in between.
* The Mission VM-PRO isolated tuner out permits the connection of an electronic tuner without the circuitry of that tuner impacting the signal to the amplifier and thus affecting tone quality. The tuner signal is passed on the ring of a TRS (stereo) jack. To use the tuner out, connect a TRS insert adapter such as the Mission MCTRS-VMPRO to OUT 1. The signal to your effects/amp is passed on the tip and the signal to the tuner is passed on the ring. The MCTRS-VMPRO is labelled AMP and TUNER for easy identification.
The VM-PRO is powered by an included 9V internal battery accessible from a battery door on the bottom plate for easy changing. It can also be powered by an external power supply. The power circuit is very flexible and can accept between 9 and 18VDC supplies. Using a higher output supply will increase the headroom which may be useful for very high level inputs. The VM-PRO uses a standard barrel connector and is protected against reverse voltage.
- Works with all electric, acoustic-electric guitars and basses including 7 string guitars and 5 and 6 string basses.
- Switch selectable input for use with passive or active pickups.
- Switch selectable output impedance for use with vintage fuzz and similar pedals.
- Sparkle switch restores brightness when rolling back volume.
- On board professional quality buffer and line driver for reliable interfacing, and maintaining frequency response with long cables and complex pedal boards.
- Isolated tuner out.
- Road ready all metal chassis in matte black finish.
- Weight: 3.15 lbs.
- Dimensions: L9.9" x W3.9" x H3.0" (L and W at widest points. H at toe down including feet)
- Internal Power: 9VDC Battery (included)
- External Power: 9-18VDC 2.1mm center pin negative
- Box Contents: 1x VM-PRO, 1x Hex Key, 1 x Instruction Manual