What Is The Saga LJ10 Single Cut P-90 Style Electric Guitar DIY Kit?
The Saga LJ10 Single Cut P-90 Style Electric Guitar DIY Kit is the perfect solution when looking for an affordable electric guitar that you can customize to your liking, but is easy for even your first assembly project.
Building your own electric guitar was never easier! Here is your chance to express yourself by creating a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. A 1950's vintage single-cutaway solid body electric guitar was chosen for this quality kit. The all-solid body is fine basswood, pre-shaped and routed and the solid maple neck has an oversized peghead to allow you to design your own, signature shape. The pre-fretted rosewood fingerboard is already installed and all electronics are pre-wired for you. A powerful, single P-90-Style single-coil pickup gives you that authentic tone for Rock, Blues and many other styles. The easy, well-illustrated instructions make this an easy and rewarding project-resulting in a guitar you can play in any professional situation.
Sample Completed Kit
How Hard Is The Assembly?
Assembly of your Saga guitar kit could not be easier! All of the electronics are pre-wired. All parts are pre-fit. All fasteners are included. You need only a philips head screwdriver to complete assembly. You can also decide to stain or finish the surface of your guitar, or change the headstock shape, but these decisions are completely in your control and are not necessary for using the guitar. You make all decisions on the final look and finish.
- Kit includes all parts and instructions to build a complete, playable guitar
- The body is a solid single cutaway select basswood - all shaping and routing is complete
- Blank peghead shape with tuning machine holes. Solid Select Maple neck. Fretted Rosewood fingerboard.
- Adjustable truss rod
- Steel, heavily chrome-plated hardware
- Electronics are complete and ready for installation - no soldering required
- 1 P-90 style pickup with 1 volume and 1 tone control, pre-wired.
- All holes are pre-drilled
- Fully adjustable stop-style tailpiece
- Complete with strings and electric cord
- Available in right-handed versions only
- Wood is sealed for protection against humidity. Complete with strings and electric cord. Assembly and finishing instruction manual; simple and easy!
- Body Material: Solid Basswood
- Bridge: Chrome-plated Brass Tailpiece / Adjustable Bridge Assembly
- Fingerboard & Inlays: Indian Rosewood / Pearloid Dots
- Finish: Polyester Sanding Sealer
- Neck Material: Solid Maple
- Nut Material: Pre-shaped Plastic
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Pickguard Material: Single-ply Back Plastic
- Pickup Selector Switch: 3-way
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Truss Rod: 2-way Adjustable
- Tuners: Chrome-plated / Open-gear / White ABS Buttons
- Volume & Tone Controls: 1 Volume
/ 1 Tone (250K pots)
Need Help With Construction?
There are many web-sites and videos describing the assembly and finishing process of Saga guitars. One of the best resources is "The Saga Sagas", a collection of helpful articles, images, and more... all designed to share success stories and help you construct the best playing, personalized guitar, you have ever owned! Check it out here (opens in a new window).