What Is The Tech 21 SansAmp Programmable Bass Driver DI?
The Tech 21 SansAmp Programmable 3 Channel Bass Driver DI (PBDR) combines the warmth of a 100% analog signal path with the convenience of digital programmability in a super simple, player-friendly stomp box format. Tech 21's proprietary technology captures the rich, natural harmonics and sweet overdrive characteristics inherent to tube amplifiers, and does so even at low volume. The SansAmp PBDR delivers the same dynamics, responsiveness, and sound quality of massive pro stage rigs in a portable, programmable, 3-channel pedal.
The ease of operation allows you to make changes on the fly, at the gig, even during your performance -- without having to take the manual with you. There are no complex formulas or numerical calculations to learn, so the PBDR won’t get in the way of your creative flow.
Independent footswitches put your three favorite tones right at your feet, from warm vintage to Sumo-sized overdrive. Custom actuators provide a smooth transition between channels for instantaneous switching, so you can dance to the music instead of your gear. As with each SansAmp model, the controls are designed to give you the flexibility to obtain your desired sound at home, in a local bistro or on a world tour.
- With A Bass Amp: to bypass the tone coloring section of the pre-amp and defeat the amp’s master volume.
- To Drive A Power-Amp: to control on-stage volume with the SansAmp.
- To Record Direct: Plug directly into the input of a mixer/recorder and use the on-board sounds of the SansAmp.
- 1/4" INPUT: 1 megOhm, instrument level. Also switches battery power on/off.
- BALANCED XLR OUTPUT: Balanced 600-Ohm low Z output. Sends effected or bypassed signal to mixing console/recorder.
- XLR Out Pad Switch: -20dB pad to match the output to equipment with different input level requirements. In the line level (up) position, the output is 0dB. In the instrument level (down) position, the output is -20dB.
- 1/4” OUTPUT: Unbalanced 1KOhm low Z output. Sends effected or bypassed signal to amp rig or power amp.
- 1/4” Out Boost Switch: +10dB boost to match the output to equipment with different input level requirements. In the instrument level (up) position, the nominal output is -10dB. In the line level (down) position, the output is 0dB.
- 3 Programmable Footswitch's: Save up to three of your favorite pre-sets, then switch instantly using custom actuators for smooth transition between channels.
- PHANTOM & GROUND CONNECT SWITCH: When engaged, the ground connects and unit will accept phantom power through the XLR Output. Disengaged, the ground of your stage system and other interconnected gear is lifted/isolated from the ground of the mixing console.
- PRESENCE: brings out the upper harmonic content and attack. For a smoother high end and for clean settings, decrease to taste.
- DRIVE: adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed.
- BASS & TREBLE: Unlike passive controls that only cut, these active tone controls cut or boost ±12dB from unity gain (12 o’clock). This powerful EQ section effectively reduces the need for a fixed frequency mid control and enables you to achieve an extensive variety of curves -- including a “mid-cut” as well as a “mid-boost.”
- BLEND: allows you to blend the direct instrument signal with SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry.
- LEVEL: adjusts the output level of both the 1/4” and XLR outputs.
Detailed descriptions and instructions for use are contained in the included Owner's Manual.
PROTECT YOURSELF: Products purchased through unauthorized websites or dealers may be used or defective. Only products purchased from authorized dealers qualify for Tech 21's One Year Limited Warranty.