What Is The Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver Deluxe?
The SansAmp Bass Driver Deluxe combines the warmth of a 100% analog signal path with the convenience of digital programmability in a super simple, player-friendly stomp box format. Tech 21's proprietary technology captures the rich, natural harmonics and sweet overdrive characteristics inherent to tube amplifiers, and does so even at low volume. SansAmp delivers the same dynamics, responsiveness, and sound quality of massive pro stage rigs in a portable, programmable pedal.
The ease of operation of the Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver Deluxe allows you to make changes on the fly, at the gig, even during your performance -- without having to take the manual with you. There are no complex formulas or numerical calculations to learn so there’s nothing to get in the way of your creative flow.
Independent footswitches put your favorite tones right at your feet, from warm vintage to Sumo-sized overdrive. Custom actuators provide a smooth transition between channels for instantaneous switching, so you can dance to the music instead of frantic-dancing with your gear.
All of these features give bass players who like to switch it up on stage the ultimate live tool. The Bass Driver Deluxe is all about fast delivery of monster Tech 21 bass tones when you want them.
Dual inputs enable two instruments to be on-line and ready to go with a pop-free selector. You can program three custom tones for each input, or use all six for a single instrument. You can also program the FX loop to engage your favorite effect with a particular setting and the Deluxe will bring it every time that preset is selected.
The fat, funky tones of the SansAmp Bass Driver series are legendary. With an all-analog signal path, two inputs, six presets, a programmable effect loop, and parallel/tuner out, the stage-optimized Deluxe is all that with cheese and pickles.
- Use it with many bass amps to bypass the tone coloring section of the pre-amp.
- Drive a power amp (with an input sensitivity of -10dB to 0dB).
- To record direct: Plug directly into the input of a mixer/recorder and use the on-board sounds of the SansAmp.
- IN A (MAIN): 1/4-inch 1 megOhm, instrument level. Use as your main input when using a single instrument.Also switches battery power on/off.To avoid battery drain, unplug when unit is not in use.
- IN B: 1/4-inch 1 megOhm, instrument level. For second instrument.
- PARALLEL OUTPUT: 1/4-inch buffered, unbalanced direct output. Instrument
signal passes through, UNeffectd, to the input of your stage amplification system or tuner.
- 1/4” INPUT: 1 megOhm, instrument level.Also switches battery power on/off.To avoid battery drain, unplug when unit is not in use.
- BALANCED XLR OUTPUT: Balanced 600-Ohm low Z output. Sends effected or bypassed signal to mixing console/recorder.
- XLR Out Pad Switch: -20dB pad to match the output to equipment with different input level requirements. In the line level (up) position, the output is 0dB. In the instrument level (down) position, the output is -20dB.
- 1/4” OUTPUT: Unbalanced 1KOhm low Z output. Sends effected or bypassed signal to amp rig or power amp.
- 1/4” Out Boost Switch: +10dB boost to match the output to equipment with different input level requirements. In the instrument level (up) position, the nominal output is -10dB. In the line level (down) position, the output is 0dB.
- PHANTOM Connect: Allows you to “tap into” the power of a suitably equipped mixer.
- PHANTOM & GROUND CONNECT SWITCH: When engaged (depressed), the ground connects and unit will accept phantom power through the XLR Output. Disengaged (up), the ground of your stage system and other interconnected gear is lifted/isolated from the ground of the mixing console.
- PRESENCE: brings out the upper harmonic content and attack. For a smoother high end and for clean settings, decrease to taste.
- DRIVE: adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed.
- BASS & TREBLE: Unlike passive controls that only cut, these active tone controls cut or boost ±12dB from unity gain (12 o’clock). This powerful EQ section effectively reduces the need for a fixed frequency mid control and enables you to achieve an extensive variety of curves -- including a “mid-cut” as well as a “mid-boost.”
- BLEND: allows you to blend the direct instrument signal with SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry.
- LEVEL: adjusts the output level of both the 1/4” and XLR outputs.
Detailed descriptions and instructions for use are contained in the included Owner's Manual.
PROTECT YOURSELF: Products purchased through unauthorized websites or dealers may be used or defective. Only products purchased from authorized dealers qualify for Tech 21's One Year Limited Warranty.