The Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe Tape Echo is an exact reproduction of the famous EP-3, down to the 22v power rail (running off a standard 9v power supply). The only thing that is different is there is no tape!
Catalinbread have been long time fans of the Maestro Echoplex EP-3 and the creator of the Belle Epoch Deluxe even owned one. Always having loved the echo sound and how it gave his rig that big warm sound created from vintage circuitry. Working with the echo slider for theatrical rock tricks added to his desire to build a perfect replica, but without all the maintenance and mechanical problems of the original. The result is the Belle Epoch Deluxe.
- Depth (digital): Controls the modulation depth.
- Record Level (analog): Controls the gain of the input signal hitting the record amplifier.
- Echo Volume (analog): Controls the wet/dry mix using the identical mixer circuit as the EP-3.
- Echo Delay (digital): Controls delay time from 80ms to 800ms.
- Echo Oscillation: Latching footswitch allows instant run-away repeats with LED indication. An internal trimpot allows this function to be user tuneable.
- Bypass: The Bypass footswitch can be set to either true-bypass or "trails"mode via an internal slider switch.
- Expression Pedal: Provides control over delay time, delay playback volume, rotary speed, and filter sweep.