EastWest Fab Four -Virtual Instruments Inspired By The Beatles
EastWest Fab Four - Download Software is a virtual instrument inspired by the sounds of the Beatles, using the same kind of period instruments and authentic rare EMI recording equipment the Beatles used to create their music.
FAB FOUR sound engineer KEN SCOTT worked on five Beatles albums, including "A Hard Days Night", "Help", "Rubber Soul", "Magical Mystery Tour" (engineer), and "The Beatles" (engineer) - also known as the "White Album". Drummer DENNY SEIWELL and Guitarist LAURENCE JUBER were both members of Paul McCartney and Wings.
"The Beatles had a profound impact on me, as they did for millions of others" said FAB FOUR producer DOUG ROGERS, "and they were the initial influence for my fascination with sounds. They were creative geniuses that never rested on their laurels, always producing exciting new music and sounds with each new record, much of it ground-breaking! Putting this project together took well over a year of research, equipment procurement (much of it from collectors), and putting together a team that could pull off such a feat; but it was a labor of love for us all, and we feel the result is truly worth it."
EASTWEST is the #1 producer of virtual (software) instruments in the world. With clientele that spans the music, film, television, games, multimedia and performing arts, EASTWEST has led the industry for 30+ years and provides professionals with the very best music creation tools available.
No expense was spared finding the same kind of period instruments and rare authentic EMI and other recording equipment the Beatles used to create their sounds to produce this collection, much of which, ironically, will end up in EASTWEST Studios, where the Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" was recorded, the inspiration for the Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album, according to Paul McCartney.
Well over a million dollars worth of instruments, amplifiers, microphones, recording desks (including very rare EMI REDD tube and TG12345 desks), outboard equipment (including Fairchild limiters and EMI RS124 modified Altec compressors), and Studer J-37 tube multi-tracks were used in this production. If you are a film/tv/game composer, or a musician/producer looking for sounds not found in other collections, this is it. Blending these unique and sometimes bizarre sounds with today's music should enable you to produce something truly fab!
- Produced by DOUG ROGERS
- Engineered by KEN SCOTT (Beatles/David Bowie/Elton John/Supertramp etc.)
- Includes authentic rare period guitars (acoustic and electric), basses, drums, keyboards, stringed and other misc instruments
- The same kind of microphones were used to record all instruments (Neumann/AKG/Cole/STC)
- The same kind of period amplifiers - Fender Tan Showman (1963), Fender Bassman (1963), Vox AC30 (1963), Vox AC50 (1965), Vox Defiant (1966), Vox 730 (1966), Vox 7120 (1966), Fender Showman (1967), Fender DeLuxe (1967) - were used with the electric guitars
- The same kind of recording desks and preamps, including a very rare EMI REDD tube desk, EMI TG12345 desk (the same kind of desk used to record "Abbey Road" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"), and EMI REDD47 preamps, were used to record all instruments
- The same kind of limiters (Fairchild) and compressors (rare EMI RS124 modified Altec) were used for dynamics control
- The same kind of Studer J-37 tube 4-track was used to record everything.
- Guitars (some costing over $200,000 each) played by LAURENCE JUBER (Paul McCartney and Wings) include Gretsch Firebird (1959), Gretsch Tennessean (1963), Rickenbacker 360-12 (1965), Martin D-28 (1966), Fender Stratocaster (1956), Epiphone Casino (1965), Fender Telecaster (1951), Gibson SG (1960), Les Paul Goldtop (1957), Gibson J200 (1966), Hofner 500 Bass (1963) and Rickenbacker 4001S Bass (1964).
- Guitars were sampled with up and down strokes, multiple velocities and picking styles, some with chords and effects
- Most of the sounds would be impossible to create without all of the above equipment. For example, the "revostortion" guitar sound was created by feeding a Epiphone Casino guitar into one EMI REDD 47 preamp, and the output into a second EMI REDD 47 preamp, which is exactly how it was created originally by the EMI/Abbey Road engineers
- Drums played by DENNY SEIWELL (Paul McCartney and Wings) include a rare 1960 Ludwig downbeat kit with Zildjian cymbals (snare 5 x 14/toms 9 x 13/16 x 16/kick 22 x 14/zildjan 20" crash ride/18" crash medium/14" Hi-Hat)
- Drums are all multi-sampled with up to 16 velocity layers, left and right hand. The sounds were all matched to a particular style (e.g. A Day in the Drums, Ticket to Drums, Yer Drums). We even recorded some heavily modulated cymbals through a Fairchild limiter for authenticity
- Keyboards include Baldwin Electric Harpsichord (Because I'm a Harpsichord), Clavioline (Baby I'm a Clavioline), Lucy in the Lowery, Strawberry Flutes, We Can Work a Harmonium, and other stringed instruments including Swarmandel Forever
- FAB FOUR includes a software version of ADT (artificial double tracking) with built-in tape simulator, created and programmed specially for this project. The software includes the smoothest filters you'll ever hear, delay, and multiple high quality reverb choices.
(PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH, OR ENDORSED BY THE BEATLES OR APPLE CORPS, LTD.)
No Waiting For Package Shipment!
This is an Internet Download product. No box or disks are shipped after completing your order. Instead you receive your order in hours instead of days! After placing your order we will send you a URL for your product download along with any License and Product Key information necessary to unlock your product. We process download orders Monday-Friday, 9AM to Noon Eastern Time, except Federal Holidays.
Is an iLok device required for this product?
- The East West FAQ for Fab-Four says: East West's FAQ: "An iLok Account is required for product activation, but a physical iLok Key is only optional."
Why is this listed on eBay as "Local Pickup Only"?
- eBay requires a package tracking number for any product sold. However, this is a software download, no "package" is shipped. Their solution is to classify it as a "Local Pickup Only" product.
Compatible with Windows and Mac systems (See below for minimum system requirements)
- CPU: Quad-core (four cores), running at 2.7 GHz (or above)
- RAM: 16 GB
- OS: macOS 10.13 (or later); Windows 10 with ASIO sound drivers
- Drive: SSD for HW Orchestra Opus Edition
Important: We do not accept returns or exchanges on downloadable software purchases.