The Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter is the next generation of the popular Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter. The Manta features 12 finely crafted filter effects plus eight variations of distortion, a feature not seen before in the Soundblox line of filter effects. These Distortion Types are not just crunch, or amp simulation; they are specifically designed to work in tandem with the filter effect selections. The pedal’s filters are controllable by its 2 envelope followers, or sine, square, and saw tooth LFO. Plus, like all Soundblox 2 pedals, the Manta is compatible with the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal, the Hot Hand 3 Wireless Effects Controller, or MIDI control signals via the Soundblox HUB.
The Manta features a very unique signal path, internally splitting the instrument’s dry and distorted signals. The dry signal alone controls the envelope, increasing the playing response from the filter. The pedal’s 12 filter effects include 2 and 4-pole Low-Pass, Single-Peak, Multi-Peak, and Phasers. The Distortion Types include Hard and Soft clip, Octave distortion, Fold-back, Quantized, and synth-like Gated Fuzz. Each distortion has independent gain levels adjusted by the Drive control.
Manta Bass Filter Interface
Panel controls and ports (easily dialed in from top of pedal):
- DEPTH - Adjusts the depth and direction of the filter modulation.
- Main Dial - Selects the effect filter type.
- SPEED - Selects the external controller type: Hot Hand, Expression Pedal, or MIDI.
- OPTION SELECT - Selects which parameter will be controlled by the OPTION knob.
- OPTION - Adjusts the parameter selected by the OPTION SELECT button.
- MOD SOURCE - Selects between Sine Wave, Square Wave, and Saw Tooth LFO, or the Envelope Followers.
- CONTROL INPUT - Selects the external controller type: Hot Hand, Expression Pedal, or MIDI.
I/O Ports (back of pedal):
- MULTI-FUNCTION IN - Connect a hot hand receiver or expression pedal via a 4 pole ⅛” sensor cable.
- GUITAR IN - Connect your instrument here using a standard MONO ¼” cable.
- GUITAR OUT - Connect this to your amp, pedal, or other audio device.
- MULTI-FUNCTION OUT - Connect this to other Soundblox pedals via a hot hand Daisy Chain cable.
- 9V DC - Connect a 9V DC power supply.
Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter Features & Specifications
- Diverse Sound Palette — Features up to 24 different Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Single Peak, Multi-Peak, and Notch filters.
- Deep Control Set — Access to control parameters typically found in only professional rack-mount effects, or computer software.
- Drive/Distortion Type — Add a variety of gain and distortions to any of the Manta’s effects for an added boost and flavor.
- State-of-the-Art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- Multi-Function Jacks — Use the Source Audio Hot Hand motion sensors, or Dual Expression Pedal, for on-the-fly control over modulation or any adjustable parameter.
- MIDI Capable — Use the Soundblox HUB (connected to the Multi-Function Input) to allow MIDI access to controlling parameters, and save up to 128 user presets.
- Universal Bypass — Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- Compact, rugged, cast aluminum housing.
- 9V DC power supply included
- Dimensions: L: 4.5in/11.4cm x W: 4.5in/11.4cm x H: 2.25in/5.7cm (including knobs)