Korg WR01 Wi-Tune Wireless Chromatic Instrument Tuner
TheThis is a brand new KORG Wi-Tune WR-01 Wireless Tuner.
Announcing the world's first wireless tuners: The Korg Wi-Tune
- Wireless tuning – no cable required! The transmitter clips to your instrument and sends the signal wirelessly to the tuner!
- The large backlit LCD offers excellent visibility, even at a distance. The newly designed meter follows even slight changes in the sound, and provides a large note name display.
- The integrated cover/stand allows the tuner to be placed on a music stand, table, or on the floor to accommodate any situation.
- WR-01 Model: Regular & small clips for guitar, brass and woodwinds.
- Internal mic allows tuning using the main unit alone.
- Sound Out mode produces a reference tone from the internal speaker for tuning by ear.
- Markings indicate pure major third and minor third intervals for exceptional ensemble harmonies.
- Designed to provide environmentally-friendly extended battery life.
Korg created the world's first hand-held tuner back in 1975. Since then, tuners have become a widely used item among musicians. Korg has continued to lead the way, creating a succession of revolutionary tuners featuring new technology and new ideas. Now, KORG announces the world's first wireless tuning system; the Wi-Tune. Using Korg's Wireless Tuning System, the Wi-Tune allows you to tune any instrument in any situation, unobtrusively, accurately, and easily. Our Wi-Tune systems are ideal for instruments such as sax, clarinet, flute, horn, or tuba; instruments where using a traditional tuner could be problematic. Wi-Tune eliminates these obstacles, allowing new avenues for practicing. Wi-Tune wireless tuning is also discreet, and can be used in nearly any musical environment.
Cable-free wireless tuning systems, complete with transmitter and tuner
Korg's Wi-Tune wireless tuning systems come as a set, consisting of a transmitter that attaches to your instrument, and a main tuner unit that receives the wireless signal. This new concept allows a monumental degree of freedom, letting the musician watch the tuning meter at a natural angle of sight. Conventional tuner setups (with a cable running from the tuner unit to a contact mic fastened to the instrument) often led to the cable becoming entangled with the instrument or musician. Since the new wireless Wi-Tune system has no cable, these situations are completely eliminated. The signal range extends to five meters*, meaning that the tuner unit can be placed on a music stand or other convenient location, allowing the performer to tune naturally without interfering with the performance. The wireless signal sent from the transmitter is coded to ID on the tuner unit, ensuring that you can tune reliably without interference. The transmitter is designed to detect the vibration of the instrument, so it can be attached not only to the body of the instrument, but even to a strap that will transmit these vibrations.
*as measured by KORG
Why Choose the WR-01 Wi-Tune?
The WR-01 includes a regular clip that fits a wide range of instruments and a small clip for brass band or orchestral instruments. Both clips represent an improvement on the clip design of our best-selling AW-2 clip-on tuner.
Large, backlit LCD offers excellent visibility
Pitch variance and note name are shown in the large liquid crystal display for excellent visibility. Built-in backlighting assures tuning with confidence, even on a dark stage – or at a distance. The wireless status and the remaining battery amount are also clearly indicated by icons, providing this important information at a glance. Designed for eco-friendly long battery life, this system is the perfect tuning assistant.
Internal mic and Sound Out mode
The main tuner body has a built-in mic, you can also tune without using the transmitter. The tuner also provides a Sound Out mode that produces an audible reference tone from the internal speaker, which you can use when tune by ear, or for ear-training practice.
Pure major third and minor third markings
Inaccuracies of the harmonies in a triad are particularly easy to notice when played by an ensemble such as a brass band or orchestra. By slightly adjusting the pitch of a major or minor third relative to the equal-tempered interval, a beautiful-sounding pure third can be obtained. The meter scale of the Wi-Tune includes markings to indicate pure major and minor thirds relative to a specified pitch. Simply by tuning your instrument to these markings, you can perform beautiful, pure harmonies when playing in an ensemble.
* The choice of note to adjust when tuning to a pure major or minor third will depend on the music you're performing.
- Temperament: Equal
- Measurement Range: A0 (27.5 Hz) – C8 (4186.01 Hz)
- Reference Pitch: C4 (261.63 Hz) – C5 (523.25 Hz)
- Tuning Modes: Meter Mode (auto); Sound Out (manual)
- Calibration Range: A4 = 410 Hz – 480 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Precision: Within ± 1 cent
- Sound Precision: Within ± 1.5 cents Speaker: 23 mm/ 0.91"
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Power: Tuner: AA batteries (x 2); alkaline recommended; Transmitter: CR2032 (3V) battery; lithium recommended
- Battery Life: Tuner: 45 hours (during tuner operation with backlight on, using alkaline batteries); Transmitter: 25 hours
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) Tuner: 100 x 99 x 34 mm / 3.94" x 3.90" x 1.34"; Transmitter: 27 x 45 x 10 mm / 1.06" x 1.77" x 0.39"
- WR-01: Regular clip 56 x 22 x 47 mm / 2.20" x 0.87" x 1.85" Small clip 44 x 17 x 24 mm/ 1.73" x 0.70" x 0.94"
- Weight: Tuner: 204 g / 7.20 oz (including batteries) Transmitter: 11 g / 0.39 oz (including battery)
- WR-01: Regular clip 11g / 0.39 oz Small clip 5 g / 0.18 oz
- Accessories Test Batteries: CR2032 (x 1); AA (x 2)
* Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice for improvement.