The Soundblox 2 OFD Guitar microModeler packs a comprehensive collection of new and vintage overdrive, fuzz, and distortion tones into a single stage-ready stompbox perfect for guitarists of all genres. Each effect has been meticulously crafted to provide precise and naturally responsive tones, from warm and chunky tube overdrive to over-the-top fuzz.
The Guitar OFD features incredibly natural modeling of twelve classic tones including, Marshall Amplifiers®, Mesa Boogie Amplifiers®, Ibanez Tube Screamer®, EHX Big Muff Pi®, Pro Co Rat®, Tone Bender®, Fuzz Face®, and Octavia®. The box also includes a super saturated METAL tone for the head-bangers, an extremely nasty, spitting fuzz called the GATED FUZZ, and Source Audio’s own CRUNCH TUBE, which delivers an extra aggressive tube overdrive.
The OFD is housed in a compact and extremely durable cast-aluminum casing. Its sturdy exterior and relay based buffered or true bypass switches are built to withstand endless gigging and rehearsal and the compact 4.5 x 4.5 inch footprint easily finds a place on any sized pedalboard. It also offers a multitude of forward thinking and useful design functions like preset morphing, easy-to-adjust internal noise gates, and external Hot Hand, Expression Pedal, or MIDI control — step up to an entirely new stompbox experience.
Controls Descriptions (easily accessible on front of pedal):
- DRIVE - Controls the amount of distortion applied to the signal.
- Main Dial - Selects the distortion type.
- OUTPUT - Adjusts the output level of the effect.
- NOISE GATE - Controls the noise gate threshold level and assigns external control.
- VOICE - Applies an overall color to the tone, from warmer to more cutting drives.
- TONE - Cuts or boosts the selected TONE SHAPE (treble, mid, bass).
- TONE SHAPE - Selects the frequency range controlled by the TONE knob.
I/O Ports (top of pedal, left to right):
- MULTI-FUNCTION IN - Connect a hot hand receiver or expression pedal via a 4 pole ⅛” sensor cable.
- GUITAR IN - Connect your instrument here using a standard MONO ¼” cable.
- GUITAR OUT - Connect this to your amp, pedal, or other audio device.
- MULTI-FUNCTION OUT - Connect this to other Soundblox pedals via a hot hand Daisy Chain cable.
- 9V DC - Connect a 9V DC power supply here.
Soundblox 2 OFD Guitar microModeler Specifications:
- Diverse Sound Palette — Featuring extremely accurate modeling of 12 classic overdrive, fuzz, and distortion tones.
- Compact, cast aluminum housing.
- 2 User Presets easily recalled via two footswitches.
- Universal Bypass — selectable buffered or true bypass.
- 3-band tone control — select between “treble”, “mid”, and “bass” for precision tone sculpting.
- Noise Gate — easily activated 3-level noise gate.
- Multi-function In — use an expression pedal or the Hot Hand Motion Sensor to morph between presets or manipulate any of the six assignable parameters.
- MIDI Capable — the Multi-function In jack also allows MIDI access to presets and parameters.
- State-of-the-art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- 9V DC power supply included.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2.25 in./5.7cm (including knobs).