The Tapestry Audio Bloomery volume pedal is an all new design of the traditional volume pedal, but with some very unique upgrades. Perfect for your pedalboard at only 7.8" x 2.25" it still fits your foot comfortably. Machined out of steel in Sarasota, FL, this pedal is as heavy and solid (2.7 lbs). Using a slide potentiometer and a direct shaft drive, the Bloomery has no string, yet a wide range of motion with a smooth volume curve. Includes optional grip tape.
This is the June 2016 updated version of the Bloomery. Changes include:
- A new high quality potentiometer with an aluminum/silicone dust shield/wiper combo
- An injection model pot bracket for greater precision precise
Active Bloomery VP Features:
- No string
- Tuner out
- Solid steel construction
- Dual buffer (no tone suck)
- 20mA Center Negative 9mm power (standard)
- Optional grip tape included
April 2016 Improvements:
- Replaced stainless steel tension adjust “set screws” with softer material components to eliminate squeaks which can develop over time.
- Hex wrenches for tension adjustment are now included.
- Pedal top redesigned to incorporate a textured surface. Now the Bloomery can be used with this plain rough surface or with a non-slip smooth style surface. (The Bloomery now comes with a silicone tread which can be applied over the textured surface if so desired.)
- Modified pot bracket design for improved sweep smoothness and pot longevity.
- New “pin guard” under the potentiometer to protect the pins from contacting bare metal.
- Improved grounding to better prevent eliminate grounding noise.
- Improved tension setup for better travel “feel”.
- Improved pot adjustments to reduce signal bleed at full off.
What's the key difference between the active and the passive version of this pedal?
The active Bloomery contains 2 buffer circuits that keep your guitar tone pure and prevents tone loss of the high end frequencies. The reason it is called active is because it contains components that require power, specifically the active version requires a standard 9v center negative power supply to be used and cannot function without power.
The passive Bloomery uses passive electronics to function and therefore does not require any power to operate. Because of the nature of a passive circuit, some high end frequencies can be lost, but not a significant amount. The tone loss can be compared to standard passive volume pedals such as the Ernie Ball VP. Unlike the active model, the passive Bloomery is also able to convert the tuner output into an expression output. This can be done with the internal DIP switches which can be accessed inside the Bloomery chassis. The ability to convert the passive model into an expression is not meant to be "switched on" in a live setting, but must be configured to be used as an expression or volume pedal before using. By default, the passive Bloomery is shipped as a volume pedal.
The Bloomery can be returned for a full refund within 30 days. If you have an issue with the Bloomery not functioning properly, it can be repaired by Tapestry Audio for the first 3 months free of charge (not including shipping to or from Tapestry Audio). Tapestry does not offer repairs outside of the United States and Canada.