The TASCAM US-2x2 2-In/2-Out USB Audio/MIDI Interface with HDDA Mic Preamps and iOS Compatibility (HL00334316) combines great audio quality and ergonomic design for a powerful 2-in/2-out USB 2 Audio interface.
Two of TASCAM’s Ultra-HDDA mic/line preamps provide up to 57dB of gain with nearly inaudible noise and distortion specs. The audio design features high-performance, musical components like NE5532 op amps for rich sound quality without coloring the source.
The US-2x2 includes class-compliant drivers for plug-and-play operation on Mac OSX and iOS devices like the iPad, and a simple driver adds ASIO compatibility for Windows. MIDI in and out are also included for connecting synths, drum machines, and controllers.
With solid audio specs, iOS compatibility, and an easy-to-read angled design, the US-2x2 is the ultimate 2-channel interface for home, project, and mobile studios.
New Update: Settings Panel for Windows
TASCAM USB Audio Interfaces Driver (Settings Panel) software for Windows has been updated to Version 4.00, enabling to build music production environments with ultra-low latency that maximizes the processing power of the computers in use. In this new version, the driver’s stability has been greatly enhanced, the audio buffer size is now selectable up from 4 samples instead of older versions with the default buffer size of 64 samples, and overall usability has been improved.
* Version 4.00 functions are limited to Windows only.
Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamps for Clear Audio Quality from All of Your Mics
TASCAM's own Ultra-HDDA mic preamps are the cleanest, quietest, and best-sounding from any interface in their range. A gain range of 57dB makes them ideal for any type of mic – dynamic, condenser, or ribbon. With preamp performance well beyond any interfaces in their price range, the Ultra-HDDA preamps on the US-2x2 makes your tracks sound like a record.
Simple Operation and an All-New USB Driver
TASCAM makes installing the US-2x2 a snap, whether usnig the built-in class-complient driver or the high-performance ASIO or Core Audio drivers. TASCAM started from scratch on the software, developing them in-house through extensive testing, resulting in our most robust drivers ever.
Also included with the driver software is a simple-to-use on-screen control panel, which monitors and adjusts critical interface settings.
- Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps with -125dBu EIN
- NE5532 op-amps used at the audio input and output stages
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording
- Support for Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- USB 2.0 computer connection
- Connect with iPads and other iOS devices
- +48V phantom power for all inputs
- Two switchable high-impedance inputs
- Microphone preamp gain range of 57dB
- Direct monitoring function for zero-latency monitoring
- Tough all-metal casing for durability
- Angled design provides excellent usability on a desktop
- Balanced analog TRS output jacks suitable for connection to powered monitors
- Standard TRS headphones output jack
- Separate controls for line and headphones output volumes
- MIDI input and output
- Output sources can be selected in the setting panel
- Input sound monitoring can be set to stereo or mono
- Input muting function eliminates noise from unused inputs
- USB class compliant 2.0 support
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software (SONAR, ProTools, Cubase, Live, StudioOne, GarageBand)
- Two Ultra-HDDA mic preamplifiers
- Two XLR/TRS (MIC/LINE) inputs with full +48V phantom power
- Two TRS analog balanced outputs
- 18mW/ch headphone output
- USB bus-powered for mobile recording
- Optional AC adaptor available for use with iOS devices
Beware of unauthorized internet sellers advertising TASCAM branded equipment.
Some sellers on the internet advertise crazy prices. Chances are they are not authorized. Select Sounds LLC is an Authorized TASCAM dealer.