Tech 21 NYC
Tech 21 Richie Kotzen OMG Signature Overdrive
You would never settle for a pedal that simply slaps a names like Richie Kotzen on it, and neither does Tech 21. They produced the Richie Kotzen Signature OMG pedal as an intense collaborative effort. Richie, who has ears like a bat, was characteristically meticulous about every detail. It took many prototypes to get the OMG pedal to sound --and feel-- the way Richie wanted it. Named not only after one of his songs, “OMG” is a perpetual exclamation whenever one hears Richie play.
The all-analog OMG has a unique, slightly asymmetrical distortion that emulates single power tube Class A amplifiers, but with a tighter, quicker and snappier response. It is designed to articulate every nuance of Richie’s dizzying playing style.
As personal fans ourselves, we are thankful to have had the opportunity to work so closely with Richie. It is greatly rewarding to have him put his stamp of approval on the final product and we take immense pride in now presenting it to you.
- TONE: Specialized voicing for adjusting the high-end and mid-range. At max, it’s flat. As you reduce the setting, it decreases the high-end without losing mids or getting muddy.
- GIRTH: Custom designed active mid-range control for compatibility with tube amp tone stacks. Cut or boost from 12 o’clock.
- DRIVE: Adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed. Highly interactive with the level of your guitar. For instance, you can clean up the amount of distortion by decreasing the guitar’s volume (except in very extreme settings) without having to change the setting on the pedal. Conversely, you can increase the amount of distortion by simply increasing the guitar’s volume.
- BOOST: Kicks in up to 28dB of pre-amp gain when the OMG is engaged. This wide range facilitates feedback and sustain. Activated via its own footswitch, you can also use Boost independently from the effect for a clean boost.
- 100% analog circuitry.
- Metal footswitches and jacks.
- 1/4-inch high-impedance input.
- 1/4-inch low impedance output.
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators.
- Actual size: 3.75” x 4.75” x 2.0”
- Weight: 12 oz.
- Operable with 9V battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC2 or DC4A)
Detailed descriptions and instructions for use are contained in the included Owner's Manual.
PROTECT YOURSELF: Products purchased through unauthorized websites or dealers may be used or defective. Only products purchased from authorized dealers qualify for Tech 21's One Year Limited Warranty. (Select Sounds is an authorized dealer.)